Light-O-Rama Forums

Planning for Next Year - Looking into RGB and Need Some Advice

pstigerfan

Now that my show is up for this year (although I have some tweaking to do on a few sequences), I'm starting to plan out my show for 2014.  One thing I am looking at is jumping into using RGB Pixels. 

I am wanting to use the pixel strips (not sure what they are called) on my gutters in place of my LED "Super Strings" (Red, Blue, Warm White).  I roughly measured my gutters and would need approximately 100' of pixels to do what I want to do.  I'm looking at the possibility of zip-tieing the pixels to conduit, then hanging the conduit from the gutters in 8 foot long sections (makes for easy storage).

I've attached a picture of the front of my house. Can anyone make some recommendations on what kind of pixel strips to use?  I'm probably leaning towards using a SanDevices controller(s), so my mind is made up on that one I think.  Same recommendation for power supplies.

post-7737-0-06202000-1386173333_thumb.jp

Any help/recommendations some of you "pixel" experts can give would be great.

Thanks!

Paul

I would recommend you join the following forum, download and read the manual that Fast Eddy made, it will explain a lot about the different controllers, pixels, etc.