Light-O-Rama Forums

Dual ELL Causing Conflicts

CK57

I have two banks of controllers and either side of my house and run multiple networks.  These happen to be on same network and as a backup to hardwire I have an ELL at both sides of house.  The idea was the second ELL would be a booster to transmissions down the street to several other houses running same show and network.  There were times when the show would freeze up on one of the controllers with the second ELL, not the same controller, and not the same song or channel.  I removed the second ELL and after 4 nights now no further issues.  Perhaps the ELL was getting signals a millisecond later than the hardwire and this caused the problems?  Anyway, just  a heads up to use just a hardwire, or ELL, but not both on receiving controllers.  It worked for me.

I utilize 5 ELLs, all on the same frequency and they work just fine as a "repeater" (They are not all within range of one another).  I however do not have 2 on the same controller.  For that scenario, you may well want to use different frequencies.

• The topic was locked