Light-O-Rama Forums

Merging Sequences CCR and 48 Channels

karldrahovsky

Hello,

1st Year, I have setup my CCR tree.  It is working great with a few songs purchased.  Now completing an additional 48 channels througout the yard.  

1) Is there an easy way to merge the 48 channels to the 12-CCR channels?  Even if it is using the random sequencer.

When I tried to import a configuration to the CCR Sequence it overwrote the 12 CCR channels.  Was reading the forums and may have learned that if I add 48-channels at the top, then import my 48 channel configuration, it will put them at the top above my CCR sequences, correct?  Will try this later tonight but wanted to be prepare and post now so I know of any other way.

2) What if I had a 48-Channel sequence done already?  Can I merge a sequence?  (i.e. 48 channels above the 12 CCR Ribbons)  Will copy and paste work from 2-different sequences with similar timing?

Truly, I didn't spend an over abundant amount of time learning the the software;  I am watching them them nightly, just wanted to get a quick tip to get up to speed this year, being it's growing late.

Thanks,

Karl

Copy and Paste will work.  If the timing is different you can add a second timing to match on the sequences before merging.  Also you can try paste by time or stretch to fit.  

I import all CCR/Pixel sequences to a seperate track set up specifically for the CCR channels to be imported.

I had 48 channels last year, and added a 12CCR tree this year.  I built the 12CCR work in Superstar then exported the sequence. In Sequence Editor, I imported the new set of channel assignments (48 LOR, 12 CCR ) then also opened my 2012 sequence (same music) to grab specific channels (rows) of sequence instruction by copy and paste.  This has worked pretty well, a bit labor intensive, but much easier than completely resequencing the songs.

When I import new channels, the import I use has the original channels on top and the new channels on bottom. No overwriting occurs.

I know you have 12 CCR which is a lot of channels and 48 other channels. I would make a new channel template that has your original channels on top and new channels on bottom. If they are both new I would do the 48 on top and the 12 CCR on bottom and do a copy/paste for the 12 CCR as if I was importing from superstar. There is a video tutorial on how to do this. In you tube just search importing a superstar sequence and you can quickly see it.

As an example for channel importing. If I have 5 channels and 1 CCR channel it would look like this:

Chan 1

Chan 2

Chan 5

CCR

158 CCR channels

This is my normal channel layout. I would export this as normal layout.

Then, I add a CCR :

Chan1

Chan2

Chan5

CCR

158 CCR channels

New CCR

158 new CCR channels

I would export this as upgraded layout.

If I wanted to merge 2 files I would have my sequence with normal in the seq editor and then I would import a new channel template "upgraded layout" in this case and it would not overwrite. The new channels would be empty. Then I would open the new sequence, copy the new seq portion and paste it in.

Remember to paste "by time".

Hope this helps. I been using this method for some time and it works great. Upgrading is fun for the capabilities of the new stuff but tedious for merging your old songs. This method has made it less tedious for me.

Good-luck,

Sax