Light-O-Rama Forums

mDC-MP3

tripleg

I've used the mDC-MP3 with several sample sequences loaded onto the SD card.  When I inserted the SD card into the miniDirector the show began immediately and ran its full course just fine.  Now that I've created my own show and burned it to the SD card, the show won't run when I insert the card.  The first attempt it ran for about 40 seconds of the 7 minute show but after that it wouldn't run at all.  Has my miniDirector experienced a failure or am I doing something wrong?

Well I've tried both the "simple show builder" and the "show editor".  Neither worked.  It just occurred to me that the sequence was based on a sequence my brother had created with the unlicensed version of the sequence editor.  Is it possible there is a lock-out for such sequences?.....However it did start and run for 40 seconds the first time.  I'm perplexed....

I would first open the unlicensed sequence in the sequence editor and resave it under a different name and then I would build your show and burn it to your SD card using the Hardware Utility (go to the LOR MP3 tab in th HU).

I think I am having the same problem.  I tried burning my show to the SD card using both the simple show builder and the utility hardware.  Neither worked.  I tried loading animation sequences that I created last year and they will work, but none of the music sequences i created this year work.  Do any of the experts/long time users have any ideas?

It seems like the MP3/Director unit will not recognize the new sequences.  I'm not sure how current mine is.  The web site says to look for chasing LED's when I plug in the card, but my director unit only has 1 LED, which does blink when I insert the card.  It is 3 years old.

I've also added 4 newer version controllers this year.  I don't have them all hooked up yet, but could there be a conflict with the newer units and an older director unit?  I'm using one of my original controllers with the director unit.  Since the animation sequences work from last year, I doubt there is a conflict.

My best guess is that the problem lies with either the creation of the sequences, or the creation of the show, and whatever the problem is, it is preventing the data from being read.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

John

I think I am having the same problem.  I tried burning my show to the SD card using both the simple show builder and the utility hardware.  Neither worked.  I tried loading animation sequences that I created last year and they will work, but none of the music sequences i created this year work.  Do any of the experts/long time users have any ideas?

It seems like the MP3/Director unit will not recognize the new sequences.  I'm not sure how current mine is.  The web site says to look for chasing LED's when I plug in the card, but my director unit only has 1 LED, which does blink when I insert the card.  It is 3 years old.

I've also added 4 newer version controllers this year.  I don't have them all hooked up yet, but could there be a conflict with the newer units and an older director unit?  I'm using one of my original controllers with the director unit.  Since the animation sequences work from last year, I doubt there is a conflict.

My best guess is that the problem lies with either the creation of the sequences, or the creation of the show, and whatever the problem is, it is preventing the data from being read.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

John

If you only have one light, you don't have a Showtime Director, you have a mini-director. The mini-director does not have the ability to go by time. It plays when powered. You can only have one show on the SD card.

Look for the documentation on the min-director, not the Showtime Director.

All LOR hardware can be used on one network. They are interchangeable. Any hardware can be used with any other hardware.

What is your license level? You may not have a high enough license level to control the higher numbered controllers. 

I received a great reply from the help desk that I wanted to share about this topic. Unfortunately it won't allow me to paste here.   I had a couple of different problems going on.  First I added more controllers than my software was licensed for.  Second, the music files were not compatable with LOR.  I decided to upgrade my license, and hoped that the higher version would automatically convert the music files.  In the end I still ended up having to convert the music files using audio convert recommended by LOR.  http://audio.online-convert.comconvert-to-mp3.  This program will convert the higher bit rate used in the songs to 192kbps.  Make sure the normalize box is checked.  Don't change anything else. I'm very impressed with LOR's customer service.  They gave me a lot of details, and walked me through the steps since I'm not the sharpest computer guy.