Light-O-Rama Forums

Controllers will not power up

KevinL

Went to start up my light show this evening and two out of three of my Pro Controllers will not power up! Worked great last year, never got moved or powered up from last year! Going to Radio Shack tomorrow for fuses but, is there something else that I should be looking at? No issues with power supply. Really at a loss here!!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a second set of fuse's on the boards.  You have to take screws out becareful ribbon strip is short.  It just slides off.  Then you can replace fuse's on board.  Four fuse's per controller.  Hope this helps.  The board is feed of the 1-8  channel side of board.  I had the same problem could not get channels 1-8 to work.  Unplug all your feeds and check, then plug leads in one at a time to find short.  My channel 3 was killing my board.  Bad plug on electrical cord. 

Thank you for responding, I did remove that inner panel, and I have two spots for fuses, but, no fuses! Kind of odd. I'm returning them to LightoRama for repair, I'm getting by on a 16 channel show. Not what I had planned but what are you gonna do! It does bug the hell out of me though, I know last year I did have a bad cord that blew my fuses in one controller, but all worked out great after I installed the new fuse, sh\ut down for the season, unplugged and left hanging on the wall until now and then "nothing"!!

But thanks again