Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR will not keep seeing controllers

popicat1

I have set up my controllers this year and I added a few more. I have 15 CTB16 controllers and 28 CCR ribbons. I have the LOR advanced software and I can use the hardware utility to see each of the 6 networks controllers. I have checked the com ports and they are good, tried re-booting computer also. As I said I can see the controllers in hardware but it will not keep communicating with the controllers afterwards. I have also noticed that my LOR control panel button does nothing, can't turn on or off. I am panicking now as the whole town is waiting. Any suggestion's?

I see you have 15 of the PC type controllers. And 28 CCR ribbons. This is a total of 43 controllers. Ok so using the HWU software you can see 6 network adapters. And so I presume while in the HWU you can also run test on the controllers and the CCRs. But I presume once you get into the sequence editor you can not play your seq and see the lights work? Do you have your network preferences set up to take all of your adapters into account?

Along with what Max is asking.. did you shut down the HU before you tried to use the rest?  did you put control lights in the sequencer? 

You can't "unload Light O Rama"?   That is odd.. perhaps you will have to reinstall LOR... But I am not sure about that one..

You say that you have the LOR advanced software, I thought you also needed the Superstar software to control CCR ribbons. I could be wrong.

You say that you have the LOR advanced software, I thought you also needed the Superstar software to control CCR ribbons. I could be wrong.

I don't think you need SS to control CCRs.  I have CCRs that I have only used once for about an hour and it controlled them fine with S3

Earle,

Superstar is a sub program that helps make some of the effects. But as stated by plasmadrive, you dont need it to program some of the effect of the CCR. I am a bit foggy, but I think Superstar will help with the programming of say a CCR mega tree and doing things like marques on the CCR mega tree. And stuff like that.

Thanks for all of the tips. I finally had to get a hold of LOR and they finally figured out what the problem was.  During the network preferences setup you can select the speed of the network for each. I had selected 500k as this is the fastest speed. Turns out that the older style controllers can not handle that speed without a firmware update. As to why I could communicate with each controller in hardware utility, the program automatically defaults to 119k network speed in the hardware utility but not in sequence editor so they worked in hardware but not any other time. I would update my controllers if I hadn't already put them out, however not this year.

I thought this would be a good thing for everyone to know as it even stumped LOR support for several hours, and I can't thank those guys enough for there help, I know they are as busy as ever with everybody getting there light shows up. Again Thanks everybody and lets all get out there and (dazzle them with brilliance)  again this year.

Andy