Light-O-Rama Forums

At show end each night lights stay on.... Help please

CooTay

I have 17min of musical sequences (5 songs in total), then 43min of sequence with no music to take it up to the hour, then the musicals kick back in, this runs for 3 hours, all loaded into the musical sequence area of the show editor, when the show editor shuts down, the 43min is still running (just), show shuts down but lights stay on and I have to manually shutdown the show, even though the log shows shut down? Don't think it's hardware issue because the show runs fine the next night. I only have basic plus software package, so don't have the shutdown option. But for $30 if it fixes my problem I'll upgrade? Any help is appreciated.

The Sequence Editor's "Lights off at end" only applies to the Sequence Editor.  What I think you're looking for in this case instead is in the Show Editor: In most of the sections of the show, and also in each interactive group, there's an option to keep the lights on or not at the end of each sequence.

I am having a similar issue. 

I have a closing sequence at the end of the night. I have all used channels off at end. When the show ends all the channels are off but one. I don't notice the channel sticking open at any other points in the show. 

I have to go into the hardware utility and send an all light off command or go out and reset the controller. 

Anyone have any ideas? or is there a way to send an all light off command automatically at the end of the evening just to make sure everything is cleaned up? 

• 10 months later...

I seem to have just the opposite problem.  At the end of the "End of Show" sequence I want all lights to remain on until a certain time.  At this point the lights turn off a end of show sequence.  Also can I create a sequence that will run at 9:00 pm and shut everything down.  This is ;my first season with LOR and I am struggling with the procedures.  I can get the show to run but need to have the previous issues resolved to keep me from having to manually handle them myself.

I seem to have just the opposite problem.  At the end of the "End of Show" sequence I want all lights to remain on until a certain time.  At this point the lights turn off a end of show sequence.  Also can I create a sequence that will run at 9:00 pm and shut everything down.  This is ;my first season with LOR and I am struggling with the procedures.  I can get the show to run but need to have the previous issues resolved to keep me from having to manually handle them myself.

This maybe should be a new thread .. but.

You could create an "All on" sequence, and place it into a show called "All on-Show" Schedule that show to run at 9:00pm. At 9:00pm, any musical sequence will finish playing. If you have a shutdown sequence, it will play. Then the "All on-Show" would start up.

If you wanted to create a sequence with nothing in it, go right ahead. Add that to a "All Off-Show" and schedule that to run when you want everything off. By default the lights should go off when no show is scheduled. However, I've been known to create all off shows for clients, just to make sure nothing odd happens.

Could you not create an animated sequence for the length you want the lights to stay on at then end of the night and then add that sequence as a Shutdown sequence in the Show Editor? Then when the Schedule Editor completes its schedule for the evening the Shutdown sequence(s) should run. Then in the Shutdown tab of the Show Editor you select "turn used lights off". Or, make an all-off sequence and add that as the last sequence in the shutdown tab of the show editor.