Light-O-Rama Forums

Dmx Error

jeepinwbl

"Cannot write DMX intensities" means that we asked the adapter to send data to the controller, but some sort of error occurred.  I also can't help but notice the repeated error messages about attempting and failing to open the adapter in the first place.  Is it possible that the adapter itself is problematic?

What kind of adapter is it? I see that you're using ENTTEC USB Pro protocol with it, but based on the adapter's ID of "ENTTEPRO", I doubt that it is a real ENTTEC.

• 1 year later...

Hello I am a first time forum user and have gotten the "Cannot write DMX intensities" error while trying to use the Actidongle, I can use the LOR dongle just fine. I have been in contact with David over at holiday coro and we cannot figure out what the issue might be. The Acitdongle will work in Xlights so its not a com issue. I did however have to plug the Actidongle into a powered 4 port hub for it to work properly not sure why yet. I figured that I would try to get some help here also...I am new to DMX but understand how it works, have not done a show yet, just trying to make it work. I am using S3 3.12 advanced version.

Please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email with the following information:

(1) This thread's URL, which is: forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/29662-dmx-error/

(2) A copy of the output of your LORDiagnostic program.

(3) Information on which adapter is which.

I just realized that I have 3.10 not 3.12 not sure if updating it will fix it, gonna upgrade now while waiting for your reply...thx Bob

I was getting the same thing out of the blue.

I un plugged then re plunged the usb in. Sometimes it worked. But others not so much. So what I did was shut down the pc. Insert the usb then turn on the PC. Fire up LOR control panel. And worked from here on in.

I was getting the same thing out of the blue.

I un plugged then re plunged the usb in. Sometimes it worked. But others not so much. So what I did was shut down the pc. Insert the usb then turn on the PC. Fire up LOR control panel. And worked from here on in.

I have tried so many different combinations of plugging and unplugging of the usb and nothing seems to work, like I said the LOR dongle works fine for testing not sure how well it will do on a bigger setup and don't like that you have to move the start channel to make it work right..I have 2 holiday coro actidongles because we thought the first one I received was bad but the new one is doing the same thing so It has to be a setting that I am missing somewhere..

• 2 weeks later...

having to plug it into a powered 4-port hub tells me that it might be a power issue. If you're plugging it into the front of your computer it may not be receiving enough power to run properly. Same thing can be happening with the 4 port USB hub. Try plugging it into a USB port in the back of the computer. or try a hub that has a better power supply