Light-O-Rama Forums

Trigger Detected...But No Trigger Connected

jimswinder

I have 3 CTB16 Input Connectors connected to 3 PC boards...and NO triggers (Buttons) actually connected to them yet...but when I Enable my shows, my Status window keeps saying that a  Start-up Trigger Detected, and it actually starts playing the show associated with one of the triggers...even though the button had not been pushed and is not even connected to the Input Connector!

I have used these in years past with no issues...

Running 3.10.14

Thoughts?

Check which input number you are using. I had mine set on #1 and it was doing the same thing. Its now set to #2

No Edit button?!?!?

Oh..and the status window displays the Startup trigger detected every five seconds...like a button IS being pushed...

Thanks Slade...that appears to be it...

Even though I KNEW Input 1 did not work (only 2 and 3), for some reason I thought it still recognized pin 2 as input 1...

I HATE not being able to remember year to year how these things work!!!!

Hmmm..maybe write it down Jim!!!

Hello.

So I am having a funky issue where my input header, on a 1602W, is constantly telling me its active.

I have my header on unit 2 and it shows all three inputs as active. PLUS on my other three units, it shows input 3 as active (even though I have no headers there).

Thoughts?

16 out of my 19 controllers have no headers and all of those show that they have triggers...i was going to report it as a possible bug.

Remember that inputs can be active high or active low.  If set for one of those (active high I think), it will show a trigger with nothing connected.  Normal condition.  If someone wants the technical answer, I can give it....

Yes, normally open or normally closed. You can read and set trigger types in the hardware utility. I don't have it in front of me here at work, but it's easy to do in the HU.

No Edit button?!?!?

No, no edit button.  It annoys me to know end, as I frequently type up a reply then want to add one more tidbit, or fix a typo. 

But apparently the moderators and a vocal minority of users like it that way because it "makes people think before they post".  Apparently.

One of the reasons I stuck to FB groups much of the year rather than any forum...

• The topic was locked