Light-O-Rama Forums

license Upgrade

realniceguy5000

Hi everyone, I was going  to upgrade my license to 3.10.14, from 3.7, however I first wentt to install 3.8 which my upgrade should include, however it's been a while and apparently I have used all my license up on some of my older computers. If I buy an upgrade will I be able to install on my new computer and laptop?  

I guess what I am saying if I upgrade my licenses to the newest version can I install on say 5 new computers or do I have to buy a complete new software ?

I'm using standard now, I don't need to go any higher at this time, just want the latest version...

Thank You, Mike

First, a renewal allows you to run the latest versions of the software. An upgrade moves you from one license level to another. For those who may be reading this, note that purchasing an upgrade will count as a renewal.

If you are getting an error that you've exceeded the license limit then visit the help desk and put in a ticket stating as such. Purchasing a renewal would not fix the license seat issue.

From what I'm reading, you would only need to contact the help desk to get things straightened out, but they will have to do it.

First, a renewal allows you to run the latest versions of the software. An upgrade moves you from one license level to another. For those who may be reading this, note that purchasing an upgrade will count as a renewal.

If you are getting an error that you've exceeded the license limit then visit the help desk and put in a ticket stating as such. Purchasing a renewal would not fix the license seat issue.

From what I'm reading, you would only need to contact the help desk to get things straightened out, but they will have to do it.

Thanks for the info, I was a bit confused, I put a ticket in, I will just wait and see what they say needs to be done...

Thanks again, Mike

Adding seats is not a big deal for them  I ran out of seats after some computer shuffling around.  In my help ticket, I listed what computers I had installed LOR on and which were actually in use (dead family room, old work computer, etc. no longer in use).  Had the seat count updated within less than a day.