Light-O-Rama Forums

G3 communication problems- HELP!

lewishj

I can get my G3 director to communicate with my CCR's, but I can't get it to communicate with any of my 4 16 channel controllers. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong??? Please help!! I would greatly appreciate it!!

Make sure the CCR's you want to run on the NET2 connection, are set to "AuxA" in the sequences. Otherwise, the software won't send out to the NET2 connections.

Also, you need to use the Hardware Utility (MP3 Tab) to make your shows. The Simple Show Builder is, well, too simple, and won't do the job for you.

Thanks Don, I had originally set all my CCR's and controllers on Network 1 at the 500 speed. I did use the hardware utility too. When I switched the 16 channel controllers to network 2 and dropped the comm speed back to the recommended 37...It All Worked! Of course, I did have to go back in change all my 16 ch controllers to aux A. I appreciate you replying, it hadn't even occurred to me to use both networks. I assumed that I could run the whole show on one network, man I was wrong. I don't really know why it worked. I can only assume that the lower comm speed for the older 16 channel boxes, did the trick. That was the only other thing I changed aside the second network.They wouldn't communicate at all, before. All I saw were blinking red lights, my heart sank. From what I can tell, the CCR's are awesome on the 500 speed and my 16 ch controllers are working on Net 2 at a slower speed. Crisis averted!