Light-O-Rama Forums

Shut Down Early Tonight

Jeff Messer

I can see all the controllers but for some reason I have channels coming on and staying on till those channels are played again. If they stay on to the end of the sequence then LOR shuts them down. 26 LOR boxes on the network and found several issues today and fixed them. This has been a rough year on the LOR communication 485 for some reason. I will start by passing items and  boxes tomorrow..

Jeff

Strange - sounds like you are on the right track with a communications problem. I am sure you have pretty much everything I am going to suggest:

- check if one of the controllers has a lose RJ45

- check if you run signal and power parallel to each other and if so, try to separate

- sounds like you already checked / replaced every cable

- have you checked your USB dongle?

Besides that it would be to bridge one controller at a time to see if one of the controllers has some strange issue...

Good luck! I hope you find the issue soon!

Check the finger wires of the RJ45 ports, inside of the controllers. If they aren't in position, you'll have problems. If you find this, be very careful and using micro tools, pull them back up. Do not deform them.

After cleaning up the network and using some spray on the contacts I did find that the first cable from the 485 adapter was not wired with the standard color code. Changed it out and bam perfect and flawless. I had issues for several years but never saw it this clean..

Me to.... I have never seen the show run this clean and was shocked. I slept like a rock last night after the show went off.  LOL

Jeff

• The topic was locked