• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scubado

• smallcrpt

• Don

• Brian Mitchell

I'm the elf you guys are talking about. Actually the show screwed up my song. The footage you song was not even the same sequence. They used Christmas Eve audio and my blurred lines sequence which is why the sequence looked bad. I was not happy about that. If you go to my website you can see what the song is actually supposed to look like. I actually don't really like the inflatables anymore after going animated but my wife and kid love them so that is why I keep them together is for the kids.

I'm the elf you guys are talking about. Actually the show screwed up my song. The footage you song was not even the same sequence. They used Christmas Eve audio and my blurred lines sequence which is why the sequence looked bad. I was not happy about that. If you go to my website you can see what the song is actually supposed to look like. I actually don't really like the inflatables anymore after going animated but my wife and kid love them so that is why I keep them together is for the kids.

When you can, I'd love to hear the details.

Hi Everyone,

My family and display will be on the 12/23 at 9pm EST episode.

It was an amazing and sometimes crazy experience. The people we worked with from ABC and Fremantle couldn't have been better!

One thing that they asked was for us to not update our web sites or social media sites with any info about our 2013 displays until after our episode airs.

I'll post more about the experience after the 23rd, but set your DVRs and root us on.

With a little hunting, you can find web sites of some sort about each of the families.

My congrats to Kevin Lynch and everyone who participated in Episode 1.

Merry Christmas,

Tony

I'm looking forward to seeing my friends, the Hyatts, in a couple of weeks in Florida.  We became friends about 5 years ago when they contacted me about a ferris wheel.  They wanted to go BIG, and they wanted the biggest ferris wheel i had ever built.  I've been keeping tabs on their place through facebook for 3 or 4 years now and it's a monster!

Congrats to all who are or have participated and the winners! I watched the first episode like so many of us and was surprised that the host wanted to walk out amongst the display itself. It was made obvious that covering the wires was important to him and I think he used the words something like, not seeing just a "postcard" version of the display. I've got a gaziilion wires running everywhere and because of where I live, I can't have people parking their cars and I sure dare not have people walking with all the high voltage present. There's also cases of where we need to tie things down due to wind during the season and it appeared as if they were scoring less for tie-downs. If my display was fixed every year, then I suppose I could run conduits everywhere and have dedicated connections but then we run into issues with sprinklers running during the summer. I sequence to music to hopefully impart "music" and the sounds of Christmas to induce Christmas spirit. I'm still very much a newbie at LOR and along the way, I'll acquire more props but there's also a case for "too much". I'm happy for the winners of the first episode but it sure appeared to be way too much, too me.

Up here in Northern Alberta the snow covers the cables and extension cords.

Still there is NO WAY anyone can walk through my display.

For what it's worth (sadly not 50k) I really really liked your display!

Loved your enthusiasm in the show.    What is your website?  

Watching the second episode of 'The Great Christmas Light Fight' on TV and thinking… dang, for $50K… should I enter?

Anyone else seen it?

Second episode? Did the folks in Oregon get the second episode two days early?

So far, only one episode has aired, which would have been last Monday (12/09). Two episodes are scheduled to run Monday 12/16 and 12/23.

But yes, a lot of us here have seen the show.

How were the contestants selected? Was there an application process or were they displays found through word of mouth. I wonder if the last display they show next week will be the winner as well?  Congrats to all who participated! Your displays are all amazing! I can't wait to watch the next one!

They are running a promo on the shows (at least here in Dallas) about how to enter your name in running for next year.

Won't give away the winners for the west coast folks, but congratulations to both winners tonight.