Great Christmas Light Fight

Looking forward to see this show.  I saw LOR boxes in the commercial.

Here is a list of the families taking part in the show.  I wonder how many are members here.  I recognize several names.

12/9:
Blount/Laguna Hills, CA
Holt/Chesapeake, VA
Goff/Canon, GA
Lynch/Whitestone, NY

12/16:
Simmons/Cathedral City, CA
Rhodes/Cedar Park, TX
Small/Orange, CT
Tittiger/Stockbridge, GA
Baughman/Prosper, TX
Plauche/Pass Christian, MS
Larsen/Elburn, IL
Yangello/Pennsville, NJ

12/23:
Hyatt/Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Downs/Norman, OK
Satterwhite/Mechanicsville, VA
Paradowski/Decatur, GA
Gay/Lagrangeville, NY
Macrina/West Reading, PA
Kowalczyk/Tinley Park, IL
Mize/San Rafael, CA

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for a minute it was George Simmons in this competition til I saw it was someone in California. George probably wishes he was there and not in the lovely Minneslowta winter...lol

I am in the show, Hope to make this lighting community proud !  Dec 16 th

We'll be rooting for you!!  Maybe after the show airs, you can tell us about your experience.   I'm sure you are under some kind of nondisclosure clause right now.

I am in the show, Hope to make this lighting community proud !  Dec 16 th

Well good luck! I just set my DVR to record the series.

12/23:

Macrina/West Reading, PA

This is my wifes friend from high school. I always wanted to sync the lights to music but after seeing his show last year I made the jump into LOR. I have to go back and check it out again

I won't give away the winner for the west coast folks, but congratulations to this weeks winner.

Looking forward to next week.

The Elf family might have won if their display wasn't a hybrid one.  I'm of the opinion that static displays and animated displays shouldn't be mixed at the same time.  Plus, they should have chosen a better song, and sequenced it better.  Heck - I'd have done it on spec if they promised me a cut.

I'm the elf you guys are talking about. Actually the show screwed up my song. The footage you song was not even the same sequence. They used Christmas Eve audio and my blurred lines sequence which is why the sequence looked bad. I was not happy about that. If you go to my website you can see what the song is actually supposed to look like. I actually don't really like the inflatables anymore after going animated but my wife and kid love them so that is why I keep them together is for the kids.

I'm the elf you guys are talking about. Actually the show screwed up my song. The footage you song was not even the same sequence. They used Christmas Eve audio and my blurred lines sequence which is why the sequence looked bad. I was not happy about that. If you go to my website you can see what the song is actually supposed to look like. I actually don't really like the inflatables anymore after going animated but my wife and kid love them so that is why I keep them together is for the kids.

When you can, I'd love to hear the details.

Hi Everyone,

My family and display will be on the 12/23 at 9pm EST episode.

It was an amazing and sometimes crazy experience. The people we worked with from ABC and Fremantle couldn't have been better!

One thing that they asked was for us to not update our web sites or social media sites with any info about our 2013 displays until after our episode airs.

I'll post more about the experience after the 23rd, but set your DVRs and root us on.

With a little hunting, you can find web sites of some sort about each of the families.

My congrats to Kevin Lynch and everyone who participated in Episode 1.

Merry Christmas,

Tony

I'm looking forward to seeing my friends, the Hyatts, in a couple of weeks in Florida.  We became friends about 5 years ago when they contacted me about a ferris wheel.  They wanted to go BIG, and they wanted the biggest ferris wheel i had ever built.  I've been keeping tabs on their place through facebook for 3 or 4 years now and it's a monster!