Light-O-Rama Forums

Having trouble with MP3Gain

David Spangler

I have all my sequences and lights ready to go but the volume is different on some of my songs, so I went and loaded them into MP3GAIN and it changed the volumes so I exported them back to my files but when I play the sequences the volume did not change. Do you need to run the MP3 files through MP3Gain before sequencing? I'm confused.

I played with the MP3GAIN program some more and found out the program changed the volume OK. I played the file back in Microsoft and there was a big change in the volume but when I run my sequence in LOR it doesn't change the volume. I'm guessing there is something the way LOR reads the MP3 music file. I think I did read something in the forums where somebody was having trouble with this also but nobody ever came up with a solution. I also tried Audicaty and the same thing happens. Does anybody know of a fix for this problem? Thank you.

Well since no one has responded i'll hazard a guess. In the sequence editor go to Edit | Media File and reselect your mp3 file (that you ran through MP3Gain) and save the sequence. I've read on here that LOR might do some of it's own internal processing on the media file and maybe it just needs to reprocess that file. If that doesn't do anything try changing the "Use Internal Media" setting under the Edit menu and see if that makes a difference.

Well it worked. For some reason it was hung up on the pre MP3GAIN file. I heard from somebody that LOR does do something to the media file but I don't recall the conversation. Thank you Tony.