Light-O-Rama Forums

G# MP3 Director question on port speeds

Gary Levelius

When programming an SD card for the G3 MP3 Director in the hardware utility, there is a check box for when the card is to be used in a G3 director that allows setting speed of both ports A(main and Aux). In my case, I want both connectors to be fed by the main network. Would I leave that check box unchecked to accomplish this? The book isn't really clear on that.

-Gary-

If you don't want 500k, then leave the 3rd check box 'OFF' to have both ports respond.

If you *do* want 500K and you want to use both ports, you would have to use Main and AuxA in your programming.

Wow, your tech support is faster than Santa :) I seem to recall that if the port speed information was not present on the SD card (ala original G2 director) it would default to both ports on main network at the default (57.6K) speed right?

-Gary-

Note to self: on G3 Director, leave check box for G3 Director off in hardware utility for both ports as main network. Correct? Just want to make sure before I take the SD card out in the field with no way to re-program it :)

-Gary-