Light-O-Rama Forums

problem with lights coming on

danbeveridge

The actual lights in my tree are missing at certain points in my songs.  This makes it look quite unrewarding to say the least.  The sequencing int the visualizer is right on, but not on the lights themselves.  The channels that don't come on do come on at specific points--not random.  Any ideas on where to start with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time--especially at crunch time!

Are you fading up and down on these channels? Is it during the fades that the lights are misbehaving? Are your lights LED? You are aware that LED turn on some where between 10 and 15%? And max out between 50 and 65% So if you fade down from 100%, you will hardly notice anything till it reaches the 65 or 50%.

Or is your trouble something else?

they are incans and the tree is doing what at needs to do-- at most points.  Funny thing is,  it's just simple on and off when it won't do it.  But definitely specific points in songs.  quick on and offs, but still should be no problem. again very quick on and offs in chase scenes on same channels work.  Thanks for the help guys.

I got it fixed!  It's always the little stupid things that get ya.  I think that is the best advice I could give to any newcomers.  everytime I think it cant be ive checked that six times--check seven.  anyway just wanted to say thanks to yall for your willingness to help makes this hobby feel even better with the giving on here from everyone.  alright enuff mush--merry Christmas you filthy animals!

Na you dont get off that easy. You cant just come in here and say "FIXED"!  Come come my good man, what did you find? Not to use as a stick to beat you with. But to inform and share knowledge is the reason I ask.

Please share..

• Like 1

my answer may lead to another question.  i had everything set up (or so i thought) the way it needed to be.  because of the many similarities from one controller's sequences to the next,there WERE alot hitting.  I got frustrated right when i saw it and jumped right into checking all the channel configs and hookups and so forth.  Turns out the controller was just set on the wrong id, which i thought i had checked many times, but again, very quickly--no time for that when i have so much more to do--but again the similarities got me.  Question is-- i had problems with fuses blowing, kids kicking out wires, shutting off computer--normal stuff--Could the id unit  havereverted back to old one or plugging into a different port cause this?  i don't think so.  i just hastily set it initially.  and it is my old one that you have to go to the hardware utility for.  Wasn't trying to hold anything back--promise! these are the specifics of what i think i would have liked to hear four years ago when i first startedhop.  i know i can't be the only one that the little things get ya.  my main thing was i needed to clear my mind, take a break, play with my kids,  watch tv for the first time in a long time, pray, exhale, and get a new unfrazzled mindset.  by the way--i'm into house of cards now--great show.  Thanks again for your willingness to help fellars.  i hope i can repay or pay forward in the future.  hope your lights are going great!

I ran my show for the first time last night. Everything seemed to work O.K. buy I noticed my pixel tree would have a number of pixels stay on after a morph then go on to do their thing when another morph or another scene was called for. It is random not just in one string or section of tree. I got up this morning and I notice about four different channels firing on and off. I believe this was only happening on the first 3 channels of my first 16 channel controller. I went to the computer and did a shut down (Disabled the show) and the lights where still firing in and off. I Had to unplug the power.

Any ideas?

I think I'll try dropping the speed down to 115 and see if that helps. If there is some type of problem with the cat 5 maybe a slower speed will help.

Yea happened to me yesterday. The waterproof plugs are not fully waterproof. Open it and check for water in the plug. Doing some cleaning and redesign right now to stop this issue. If you had them working at one speed and now something is messed up look for something else beside the speed.

Jeff