Light-O-Rama Forums

EDM FM Transmitter question

ToddH

Does anyone know how to increase the range that these are transmitting out? The one I currently am using is an EDM-TX-LCD-EP with a Rubber Duck Antenna. But I would like to be able to increase the range of the broadcast some. Is there a way to do this without having to build a Jpole or something? Currently its transmitting out at about 100 yards or so maybe a bit more then it gets static. It currently is on the roof of the building in a block enclosure so its not outside..

Is the transmitter and antenna near a window?   If not, that's what you would need to do to increase it's range.  

It sounds like you have it inside a "block" enclosed room with no windows?    If so, you need to move the transmitter to an area where the antenna wouldn't be blocked by concrete, block or walls, a window allows the antenna to transmit a bit further.

At least that is what I'd try first, then if the range doesn't increase a quite a bit more, then I'd look into other options.

Is the transmitter and antenna near a window?   If not, that's what you would need to do to increase it's range.  

It sounds like you have it inside a "block" enclosed room with no windows?    If so, you need to move the transmitter to an area where the antenna wouldn't be blocked by concrete, block or walls, a window allows the antenna to transmit a bit further.

At least that is what I'd try first, then if the range doesn't increase a quite a bit more, then I'd look into other options.

Hey Orville, thanks... I thought of that but was hoping there would be another route. There are no windows in this area and that is where everything is located. PC, Controllers, Receiver...

• The topic was locked