Light-O-Rama Forums

how do you set up so you can run 1 controler independant of the other units

steen

I have three controllers and would like to have one operate independent of the other two.   Two of them are used on a mega tree and I would like the third to operate some arches on a set routine

um, every channel is independent  :blink:  :wacko:   Sequence editor tells what each channel needs to do.   Are you familiar with the software yet?  Are you doing animation or a musical sequence?  What controllers do you have?

Each controller is independent of each other no matter where they are hooked into the network. They can control what ever you want them too, and each channel is independent as well. 

I have three controllers and would like to have one operate independent of the other two.   Two of them are used on a mega tree and I would like the third to operate some arches on a set routine

The PC (residential) versions of the controllers rely on a Director or a computer to operate.

The Commercial versions can operate independently; you program whatever sequence that makes you happy and upload it into the controller's internal memory. Now whenever it gets power (like on a timer), it will do whatever animation you have setup. It cannot output sound, tho.

Same with the DC controller, the CCR and several others.

You can create a background sequence that contains just the channels on that 3rd controller and it will run all the time. You can also create other sequences (with music if wanted) to run your mega tree. Watch the videos on the show editor and schedule editor and it will explain it all.