Light-O-Rama Forums

Display turn on day

Wayne K

Tonight's the big night for me.  I don't know if I'm more excited or nervous.  This is my first year with LOR so the surprise potential problems will be actual surprises.  I've been playing the show during the middle of the day for the past 2 days testing to see if anything goes wrong.  So far just a couple strands half out that were easily fixed.  I've invited the whole neighborhood out to see the grand lighting.  Wish me luck.

Good luck.. You can expect far more cars the second year then the first.. but if you are in a well traveled area the word will travel fast.

Was going to light up tomorrow but had most everything done so we went live Thanksgiving night. So far I've watched our lights for about 3hrs. :D Good God I love Christmas lights!

So far I've watched our lights for about 3hrs. :D Good God I love Christmas lights!

Yep, me too. I can't get enough of looking at them!!! B)

Sorry for interrupting this topic but I wanted to raise a new forum topic but simply can't find out how. Could someone please help me out? Thanks

Sorry for interrupting this topic but I wanted to raise a new forum topic but simply can't find out how. Could someone please help me out? Thanks

On my screen it is on the right side and just above the second bar down from the top. Box says START NEW TOPIC. Make sure you are in whatever forum section you want to post in before hitting the new topic box.

On my screen it is on the right side and just above the second bar down from the top. Box says START NEW TOPIC. Make sure you are in whatever forum section you want to post in before hitting the new topic box.

Wayne,

thanks I didn't realise you had to drill down into the subject area.  Found it now and posted my "Road Test" film. My show will run from December 1st (tonight) to 31st. Thanks again.

I have a "thing" about not doing Christmas before Thanks giving.

So I will run my show the first time Thanksgiving day night.

New Years Eve is the last day I run it.  It starts coming down New Years day.

My husband has the same "thing" lol  But do you at least set up the lights before Thanksgiving?  I'm trying to convince him that its ok to set up early just not turn on. 

My husband has the same "thing" lol  But do you at least set up the lights before Thanksgiving?  I'm trying to convince him that its ok to set up early just not turn on. 

I usually start setting up about 2 weeks to 3 weeks before thanksgiving depending upon the weather. With a turn on time of thanksgiving Friday or Saturday, all depending upon whether it is ready to go and again the weather.