Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels Ghosting

johnsonfool

Last year I had one channel that would turn on by itself during sequences when it was not programmed to turn on.  I didn't concern myself too much because it was only one and I was the only one who would notice.  This year I have channels all over the display that come on at different times for no reason.  I have made sure all my cords were as far away from power cords that I could.  I have checked my channel configuration multiple times and it's all clear.  I have checked in the sequence to make sure I haven't accidentally turned them on and everything checks out.  I have made sure all the boards have the latest firmware.  I have no idea what else to check and it's driving me crazy!

• 3 weeks later...

Check the grounding and negative connection of your power feed to your controllers and at every out put. An ungrounded or loose connection will cause on channel bleeding back through other channels in its search for circuit completion. If another channel is easier to complete the circuit than the neutral and grounding of that individual channel, you now have ghosting and stray voltage.

• The topic was locked