Light-O-Rama Forums

LED RGB flood lights

BlackwolfK9

Will those LED RGB floodlights that have a controller with them for color selection work in a LOR network using the cmb24d control card?

They will work, but have to be hacked.  Can't use the power supply or controller in them.  Santa's Helper has done this, I personally built my own.

Any of you, hack these and resell.  My time crunch doesn't allow me time for trial and error or another learning curve.

If I had time, I probably would. But between now and the end of the year, I will be pretty busy.

It took me about 15 minutes per flood. Then after a few under my belt, I got it down to about 10 minutes each.

If this season runs good with them, I'm planning more for next year. :)

Is building your own a challenge, what all parts did you use?  

Depends on your skills and tools you have.  I service production copiers and repurpose used fuser rollers.  I have a metal lathe from Harbor Freight that really comes in handy.  The high powered leds generate a lot of heat, so the housing should be aluminum.  There are a lot of ways to make them, finding resources can be a challenge.

Santas Helper thanks for the feedback, how can i see a "detailed" step by step instructions of what to do and what lights to order.  I appreciate all the help on this forum.

Santas Helper thanks for the feedback, how can i see a "detailed" step by step instructions of what to do and what lights to order.  I appreciate all the help on this forum.

There are two links I posted earlier in post #4.

One is the hacking info. On that thread I also posted a link to my Photobucket site showing pics of in the process. I need to update the pics since I ended up just using one resistor for the red and none for the green and blue because I lowered the volts going into them to closer to 11vdc.

The other link (at the bottom) shows the link to the ebayer I purchased them from. They are cheaper in price.

The link you provided has a three prong plug you can't use when hacking these anyways and are a couple bucks more.

Check out the links I mentioned and if you have further questions, I will be more than happy to help.

Edit: I can probably provide a better "step-by-step" pictorial of a sequence in the order that worked for me.

Anything that would make it simple at this stage would be great!  That link of the led lights on ebay you posted isn't valid any more.

That kinda puts a damper on things for ya.  Open a ticket and see if they have more arriving soon.  Doesn't hurt to ask.  One of the LOR partners may have them in stock.