Light-O-Rama Forums

Speed of animation

BlackwolfK9

Not sure how to ask this so that it makes sense, but I've watched a number of videos of Amazing Grace and when the tempo rapidly ramps up, folks have their lights flash, shimmmer, whatever real fast.  My question is how in the sequencer do you cause that rate to increase?

I'm assuming you already used a beat wizard or set an established tempo. Going from there you can select a section of song you want your lights to move faster. Once selected, right click and select the "Subdivide Timing". A pop up will show on screen allowing you to enter in a number to divide the timing by. Put in something like 5 and see what it does. 

Another way to do this is when you create a new sequence. Instead of using beat wizard (or one of the others) just tell it to use something like 0.05 fixed timing grid. That's actually the timing grid I just used on Amazing Grace Techno.

I was working on a new song/sequence, the past two days, which I finished yesterday. It was a bit strange, but the 3.10.14, wouldn't let me sub-divide timings. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but it would never give me the option. Other sequences already completed earlier, had no issues with getting to that command, using this same version of LOR.

I was working on a new song/sequence, the past two days, which I finished yesterday. It was a bit strange, but the 3.10.14, wouldn't let me sub-divide timings. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but it would never give me the option. Other sequences already completed earlier, had no issues with getting to that command, using this same version of LOR.

Hmmmm I'm still on 3.10.12, I wonder if its a bug?

If I had to guess, you were using a fixed grid, instead of a free form grid. You can't divide timings in a fixed grid.