Light-O-Rama Forums

Half of ctb16pc dead

orneryolbiker

I have completed the build of my new ctb16pc kits, I am now doing a Halloween display with the first two kits, but channels 1-8 on both boards are dead. I have double checked all the jumpers. Channels 9-16 on both kits work great. I am sure it's something simple but its got me stumped, any and all help will be appreciated.

Ok, it's the fuses. If I would have had one board with this problem the first thing I would have done is check the fuse, check the fuse, check the fuse, What are the odds of having two bad fuses on the first two boards on the same side. I think Dan is testing me to see if I am worthy. lol check the fuse check the fuse check the fuse Thanks it's the fuses it's the fuses. lol Light-o-rama is making me a little more humble

Are both of the problem boards fed with one or two power cords?

If powered by one power cord did you install the jumpers per page 12 of the instruction book?

I use the CTB16D board and the power supply for the board is powered from the right side of the board (channels 9-16). I am guess the case is the same on the CTB16PC board. I choose to operate my boards with one power cord and install the jumpers to activate the left side (channels 1--8). On the 16D board if you operate in the one supply cord mode, then you only need a fuse on that side.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. Got it fixed on the first reply. Boards are fixed and I'm getting the rest of the egg off my face..........