Light-O-Rama Forums

HolidayCoro Actidongle Wiring Length

KStatefan

Put out my DMX prop today.  It has been working in my basement without issues.  Today I moved it out side and can not get a dmx signal to the tiny pix. How far can I have my computer with actidongle from the tinypix controller? I have to cat5 cables that run from my basement to an outside box.  Both cables work with my lor controllers but not the tinypix controllers.

I have a Tinypix about 60 feet from my Actidongle. It works just fine. I do have my power supply next to the controller.

I have a Tinypix about 60 feet from my Actidongle. It works just fine. I do have my power supply next to the controller.

I am sure I am farther than 60 feet. The power supply and the controller is 3 feet from the first pixel. I am sure I am getting to much voltage drop on the signal coming from the actidongle.  I will take a scope home from work over the holidays and find out.

FWIW, I have 2 actidongles supporting 7 tiny pix. First run length from actidongle to tinypix is 50 and 75 feet each respectively over cat5e and I haven't seen any issues.

I don't have tinypix but from actidongle to first DMX 27 channel card is 100 feet. I have a beefier cat5 cable that is outdoor rated.

• The topic was locked