Light-O-Rama Forums

Orbit Weatherproof Box

Guest guest

Ok, I as well as others is going around looking for some good enclosures for my soon to be purchase of LOR controllers. I was wondering if anyone has used the Orbit irrigation timer box. After looking into the RiteTime boxes and how much it would cost to ship and buy them off of ebay I was looking at about $20-$25 a box. These Orbit boxes are sold for $20 at Lowes and $25 at Home Depot. They even have a keylock on them.

http://www.orbitonline.com/index.cfm?fa=orbit.product&productid=347

They're $30.00 at the Home Depot and Lowes around here. At those prices plus the costs of decent cables, it's almost worth the few extra dollars to buy the showtime product line.

I have checked out the Orbit box and the only thing you have to do is cut out the divider with a Dremel tool or such if you put a 16 channels board in.
Since the Rite Time box is harder to come by, the Orbit box is the next best thing!;)
Wait til they have a percent off sale or coupon and save since they keep them in stock!

Thats exactyly my thought. I think may have to purchase the ones I need at full price for this year but I will keep my eye out for a sale that way I can hord them all. Beings it looks like each store only carries about 6 of them it would be real easy to buy them all up. Luckily I have 3 Home Depots and 1 (soon 2) Lowes I can hit.