Light-O-Rama Forums

How much spt wire?

Sheldon_15

So I have everything I need to put my show together. Almost everything is set up!

But I don't have near the amount of extension cords I need. I got fought up in everything and kinda forgot about that part.

So I was wondering what will be the best way to calculate about how many feet of spt will I need?

I I'm using 44 channels. And my display only goes out about 30 or less feet.

Is there any way to get around about answer? My funds for spt wire aren't as much as I thought I was going to have. And I don't have much time lol

So how do you guys figure out how much you'll need?

When I first got started with SPT wire, I based my first order off the extension cords I was using.

Say for example, you are currently using 30 one hundred foot extension cords. OK, so I need 3000 feet of SPT wire. Then I take the fact that I leave about half the cable coiled behind the hedges, so I realistically need 1500 feet. You can try something like that, it got me pretty close.

Just remember to order lots of male and female plugs, and if you can swing it try to stock up on some extra SPT wire too. You will be suprised at how much you use and how helpful it is. It doesn't go bad, it will be there when you add on for next year!

Good luck!

Craig

You can normally get 1,000 feet for about $100.00

Hrm... where can you get this deal? I just looked around a few days ago and ordered 1000ft for $131 delivered from DelCity.net. That was the best deal I could come up with.

So I was wondering what will be the best way to calculate about how many feet of spt will I need?

I I'm using 44 channels. And my display only goes out about 30 or less feet.

Is there any way to get around about answer?

So how do you guys figure out how much you'll need?

Seems to me that all you need to do is the math that you presented to get an estimate. 44 x 30 = (I'll let you do your own math homework.)

When you come up with a figure amout that you need then place your order for TWICE that amount, that will get you very close

Hrm... where can you get this deal? I just looked around a few days ago and ordered 1000ft for $131 delivered from DelCity.net. That was the best deal I could come up with.

Skycraft sales and surplus.  Bad thing is they only have 250 ft rolls for $45  right now.

Skycraft sales and surplus.  Bad thing is they only have 250 ft rolls for $45  right now.

Yeah, Skycraft was the last place I bought some a couple years ago and just recently ran out... pretty sure it was like $90/1000ft back then.  I just did a last minute project and bought a role from HD for like $46 after tax!  Talk about sticker shock! ;)

And man I wish we had a Menards around here...

I got a killer deal at lowes, They price matched home depot at 32 $ for 250' and knocked percentage off, long story short got them for 29 bucks a roll

• The topic was locked