Light-O-Rama Forums

RJ45 Socket Issues

toy4x4

I had a controller I could not get to talk to the network. I tried multiple cables and had the same results with every cable. All cables would work find connected to my second controller without issue.

While troubleshooting, I noticed I could get intermittent conncetivity and finally narrowed it down to the RJ45 connector. If I push up on the bottom of the connector, it would work and I wiggled the cable and had not issues.

I placed a cut off tie wrap between the socket and the board and it works fine for now. The strange part is when I went to plug in the second controller. the socond one started showing the same symptoms. I ended up sticking a tie wrap between the socket and board on that one and all seems to work.

I'll be opening a ticket with LOR on both controllers but wondered if anyone else has had thos problem.

I had this happening to me as well. The wire fingers of the RJ45 connector became slightly damaged. They were pushed in somehow. I very carefully pulled them back up using a tweezer and super small hook tool such as a dental instrument. Once they were back in position, communication was restored to normal. No clue how they got messed up as I'm normally very careful with them.

I had kind of the same issue with a new controller.. Well relatively new... It was my backup..   LOR sent me some jacks to fix it since I said I could and when I pulled it all apart I found a bad solder connection to the board.  Reflowed that connection and it works fine.

• 1 month later...

I have had this problem on three boxes.  Two were purchased during the Spring sale last year (2013) and one was purchased in 2012.

• The topic was locked