Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16D V7 Blue Board V4.40 Firmware Ch7 always HOT

Lisa Star

During Halloween, I noticed my channel 7 on this unit remains on.

My research here had me replace the triac for channel 7, which looks like it is at location Q1 on the Blue board v7. (top left, second one down)

Unfortunately after the rework, the channel remains on.

Any thoughts on next steps?

If you disconnect the controller from the LOR network, (meaning not connected to any other controller) does Channel 7 stay on?

If so, and you've already replaced the triac, then I would suggest submitting a ticket at the help desk. Sounds like something very wrong has happened.

If you disconnect the controller from the LOR network, (meaning not connected to any other controller) does Channel 7 stay on?

If so, and you've already replaced the triac, then I would suggest submitting a ticket at the help desk. Sounds like something very wrong has happened.

Thanks Don,

I suppose that will be my next step.  I'm assuming since the holiday season is upon us - I won't get this resolved on time for Christmas.   I'm considering just using the other 15 channels on the unit to make due - but your wording "very wrong" has me reconsidering this.

Thanks Don,

I suppose that will be my next step.  I'm assuming since the holiday season is upon us - I won't get this resolved on time for Christmas.   I'm considering just using the other 15 channels on the unit to make due - but your wording "very wrong" has me reconsidering this.

Sorry, the written word is hard to decipher sometimes. As long as the components on the board are not getting super hot, I wouldn't worry about it. My 'very wrong' comment would be with firmware, or some other software based component on the hardware itself. 

• 8 months later...

I just built the same board 

CTB16D V6 Blue Board

and my number 8 circuit whitch is Q0 stays on with out being hooked the network

what should i do

Edited by dbedell524fun

• The topic was locked