Light-O-Rama Forums

Ver. 10.3.4 gets 'stuck' when loading mp3 files

Amie

I am having issues with the LOR Sequence Editor V10.3.4, when loading certain mp3 files, but not all of them cause problems.  LOR gets 'stuck' while loading the file,  indicating it is 'analyzing media file', but it never completes the upload of the file.  I always have to 'Control - Alt - Delete', then kill the LOR Sequence Editor in order to get the Sequence Editor to work again.   I can't figure out why some mp3 files work and some do not, these are mp3 files that I have used in past years.   Is there something that I need to do to the mp3 files in audacity?  I was really hoping to use them this year. 

I can't upload the mp3 files here, they are too large.  I have placed a few of the ones that crash in the directory, http://www.centervillechristmas.com/music/.

I really wish someone could help me with this, I am completely dead-in-the-water.  I have not been able to successfully open a single mp3 file with version 3.10.14 yet, which means I can not access old sequences or start new ones.   I have submitted a ticket to LOR, and I am now uninstalling LOR and going back to last year's version.  Never a dull moment with LOR software.

I'm thinking it is more likely an issue with the mp3 and WMP.

I would have suggested simply opening the audio in audacity and exporting to a new name. Rename the old audio file, so that you get a file not found error on the audio when you open the sequence, then point it to the new version.

Thank you for your reply, klb.  That was one of the first things I tried, with no luck.  But with the help of the LOR support desk, I have finally solved my problem.  There was a conflict on my computer with a codec file.  After uninstalling Adobe Premiere Elements, the Sequence Editor was able to load  mp3 files successfully.    I didn't have to do a reboot, reinstall or change any of the mp3 files.  As soon as the uninstall was complete, S3 was able to load mp3 files.  

Okay, I take back what I posted yesterday.  After rebooting my computer, the S3 no allows media input.  I'm back to square one.  I looked at my system and noticed that a new DirectX was installed, I wonder if that is causing the conflict.

DirectX is video. It is bundled with S3, and the installer runs every time you update LOR.

It does still sound like a codec issue somewhere.

• 3 years later...