Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR hardware utility with a network

craigsrobotics

Hi all...I have a  question for those using the commercial controllers with the G3-MP3 director. I've got 3 controllers all daisy-chained via rj45 cables. Without having an SD card inserted, I'd like to connect the PC with the hardware utility to the primary controller (the one with the MP3 director, if possible), and be able to use the hardware utility to test each controller independently without having to connect each controller to the PC...The director has an rj-11, and two rj-45 jacks, one for net 1 and one for net 2. I've got the cat5e cable connected to the net1 rj-45, going to the other controllers, so net2 and the rj11 jacks are open... Where can I connect the rj45 from the computer to the primary controller so the hardware utility can see all controllers? or is this even possible? I've got the usb 485 adapter, fyi. Thanks in advance...

You should be able to run a cat5 cable from any one of the controllers to your Laptop or Desk Top computers via the adapter. Since they are all daisy-chained together the Hardware Utility will pick them up if the cats are in all the way & powered up. push "auto congiure" ....should say something like com pork 4 (mine anyway) the click the "refresh Button" & it should be up all the controllers you have.

Hi all...I have a  question for those using the commercial controllers with the G3-MP3 director. I've got 3 controllers all daisy-chained via rj45 cables. Without having an SD card inserted, I'd like to connect the PC with the hardware utility to the primary controller (the one with the MP3 director, if possible), and be able to use the hardware utility to test each controller independently without having to connect each controller to the PC...The director has an rj-11, and two rj-45 jacks, one for net 1 and one for net 2. I've got the cat5e cable connected to the net1 rj-45, going to the other controllers, so net2 and the rj11 jacks are open... Where can I connect the rj45 from the computer to the primary controller so the hardware utility can see all controllers? or is this even possible? I've got the usb 485 adapter, fyi. Thanks in advance...

I am having the same proble. I have the LOR163 with built in MP3 daisy chained to two CTB 16, but my computer will only see one controller.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm wondering what port on which controller to plug the cat5 from the computer into...since I've got the show director on controller 1, that gives me an rj11, one network1 rj45 and one network2 rj45 jack. I've got my first cat5 cable going from the network1 rj45 to the "in" on controller2, then from the "out" on controller2 I have a cat5 going to the "in" on controller3. Is is possible to connect the computer via cat5 to the Network2 rj45 jack on controller1 and be able to see "all" controllers?

Hi Morial....My problem is I can't even get that far, since I'm not sure where to plug the computer into...I'm thinking I can connect to the Net2 rj45 port on the mP3 director, but not sure...I read in the manual that unless your show specifically references Net2, then that port will default to a duplicate Net1. I really just want to test the controllers and setup before plugging in the SD card...I did successfully connect to controller 2 and 3 independently, and was able to run test patterns...I'd like to keep the network connected and plug into "somewhere" to be able to test each one through the hardware utility without unplugging and replugging the cat5 cable...