Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying to hook up 2 controllers for the first time

blownbulb

I have used a single controller for 2 years. This year I added a controller. The first controller I have been using is the commercial showtime one with metal case. I added the hobbyist kit controller CTB16PC and tested it with the hardware utility and it works.

Now I have both controllers hooked up and the hardware utility only shows 1 controller. I made sure the max unit id is F0 and it still only shows 1 controller.

Both controllers have the steady led light. I hooked one strand of lights on each controller and I can light up the lights in the hardware utility with both controllers but it still only shows 1 controller found.

I have never messed with the unit ID's before and Im sure its something Im not doing with that but I don't know how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

You set the ID on the PC controllers via the Hardware Utility.

Hook the controller back up to the HWU (and only that controller) and change the ID from 01 to 02.

Thanks for the reply! I got it to work I was trying to do it with both hooked up. Did it the first time with only that controller hooked up and was getting an undetected error. So I tried doing it with ignoring errors and it worked. Hooked up both controllers again and it showed both. Then tested them individually in the HWU and everything worked.

Thanks again for the reply I knew it was probably something simple.

Aslo for speed up in finding your controllers, set the HWU to it's lowest number for the controllers you have, that would be 05.  This way the HWU will find and display both your controllers much faster than looking for 255 controllers! {which I think is what F0 is, but don't quote me on that one, hex was never my strong point. LOL}

I have 5 controllers, but only using 3 at the moment, so the lower controller count the quicker the HWU will locate them. Using the larger counts really slows that down.

Thanks paul, after I posted that I realized that FF was 255 (I cheated and looked at the HWU controller settings}, I just couldn't remember if F0 was 255, like stated, hex was never my strong point, please give me decimal and I'll do just fine. LOL