Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer is perfect but Live Show is off

Nurples

Okay everyone... Here's a new one for me.  This is my thrid year with LOR and I've never had this issue.

I moved into a new house this year and had to change my layout a bit.  I took my old sequences and copied and pasted them into a new file for 2013.  If I play the new sequence in the visualizer, the timings appear perferct all the way through the song.  When I control the lights and I watch outside my house, the beginning and the end of the songs appear spot on, but the middle of the songs appear to be a half a second or so behind the lights.  It's VERY noticable!  This has happened with the last two songs I've converted to the new layout. 

SPECS:

9x Gen 2 CTB16PC Controllers

Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)

4 GB Ram

Intel Duo 2.66GHz processor

LOR 3.10.14

Any Ideas?

Did you  run the Verifier program to see if all things are good with your sequence?  Some part of the programming might be bogging you down. 

Steve

I pasted by time... What I don't think you guys are understanding is that if I play the song and watch the visualizer it's perfect.  But, if I go outside and watch the lights, the lights get ahead of the song towards the middle then appear to even back out around the end of the song. 

I'm going to do some more testing tomorrow.  I'm going to hook my pc up outside so I can watch both at the same time.  Maybe I'll catch something.  Who knows.

Do you have any other USB devices connected to the computer that might be slowing down the USB port when the lights are being controlled?

Can you try a different USB port?

Do you have a different USB adapter to try?

The lights that are out of sequence, are they on a particular controller or perhaps happen after a particular controller?

Do all lights get out of sequence or just some? Can you re-wire the order the controllers are connected and see if the problem moves to a different set of lights?

Try disconnecting (or perhaps powering off) each controller one by one starting at the furthest away (network wise). Perhaps a bad controller or network cable is causing a delay in the signal?

Yes, it's the same computer that I'm using to watch inside and outside.  There's nothing extra plugged into the computer except a USB Mouse.  I'll try different USB ports tonight when I get home from work.

Tony, I thought I did notice that some lights were in sync when others were not, but the songs that are out of sync are fast, so it was hard to tell.  The obvious parts are the lights that flash with a solid bass beat. Maybe tonight I'll record a section of the song so I can see it all together on a small screen.  Then maybe I can tell if it's only certain lights.

I have tested every Cat-5 cable and all check out good. I've even moved all the cables so that the Cat-5 cables pass over power cables at a "T" instead of running along side of each other.

Tonight I'll reboot everything and test some more.

Also, just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I had my wife and daughter watch it and they both could clearly see the problem. :)

The obvious parts are the lights that flash with a solid bass beat. Maybe tonight I'll record a section of the song so I can see it all together on a small screen.  Then maybe I can tell if it's only certain lights.

Count the bass beats during the section that is obviously off. Are all the beats coming through or are some being dropped? If all are coming through but just off the "mark" then that would be one kind of problem. If only 6 out of 8 beats are coming through (and in a sporadic order which would make them appear they are just out of sync) then that is a different problem (more of a communication problem i'd think).

Okay, was able to do some testing last night... It appears that only the trees are out of sync.  They are all connected to the same controller...  I'm going to verify the firmware version on that controller today and see if that fixes it.  The controller in question is in the middle of the network and controllers after it seem to be fine.

Are you running the sequence from the SE or as a show through the Control Panel? Just a guess your running from the SE if you can watch the viz and see your show. Your channel count doesn't seem like it would play a factor, but under the Play button, uncheck all the play options....Move Grid, Vary Color, ect. Also turnoff the viz. Or run the seq in I the control panel and as you would in a show and see if you experience the same. From my past experience....I see lag when running from the SE.