Help Audio problem

Ok does anyone know why when I play an mp3 from windows media into a 5.1 system I get sound from all speakers as I should but when I play the same file through LOR sequence editor all I get is sound from the front left and right nothing out of rears sub or front center speaker? And how to fix this ?

I can't say for sure, but I think the SE only handles simple stereo of right and left channels, not sure if it would work in a sophisticated system like you're trying to run it through.   Hopefully someone here that may have done it successfully will see your post and let us both know.     I'm planning in a few months to upgrade to a sound system similar to what you describe.   But I have some doubt the SE uses all those options and why it probabaly doesn't work.

Change your configuration to have the left channel use the front speakers (in mono) and the right channel to drive the rear channels (also in mono).

The only people to benefit from a stereo signal will be those very few in the exact center.

If you want some a little different, put the speakers out of phase with each other for an "ethereal effect".

I must of had a real :lol: DUH moment. Last year I ran the audio from my pc to a surround sound receiver via a stereo jack plugged into the headphone jack on th e pc and the stereo audio in jack on the receiver then out to the speakers and used the receiver to produce a Phantom 5.1 sound (fake). This year I decided I wanted to eliminate the receiver and used a powered sub that receives a low power 5.1 sound from the pc amps it up and outputs it to the speakers not thinking that if it only gets a stereo sound it was only going to output a stereo sound and the rest of the speakers would be silent since there was nothing to create the phantom 5.1. You would think it would not have been that big of a deal in sound but even though it is fake it makes a big difference in the quality of the sound. Went back to last years system. Thanks for the help guys.