Light-O-Rama Forums

half CCR out

Smithbuilt

Please Help. This is my first year with LOR, I love it. On my fourth night now and one half of a CCR is not working. Its right at bottom between two arches. Right now all the lights on that half are on and white. When wiggling that area sometime lights would go off or some would stay on and others off. I cut into the casing at that point and used a piece of metal to bridge across the solder joints in case that as the problem, but no luck. Any thoughts. Any quick fixes? I hate not having everything working now, would love to get this back up quickly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

When the lights stay on, generally it's not a good sign.........These things are very fragile.   It usually means a bad connection on the board itself.  LOR is going to tell you to try a reset.   Unplug the power, hold in the test button and reconnect the power while holding in the button.  If the ribbon doesn't run the test pattern you have trouble.  I am not sure you will get a warranty if you cut the ribbon to access the solder joint.   I would suggest you contact LOR with a help ticket.

Steve

• The topic was locked