Light-O-Rama Forums

Excited?

75redman

Who else is excited to get their shows up and running? 

This will be my second year and I think I am more excited this year than last! :D  Testing this weekend to get ready for next week! :D

Almost ready  :)               Now it is a race to see which one last....my laptop ( which I sequence on) is showing severe

signs of giving up the ghost,  or getting all necessary files transferred to my pc.  :blink:

This is my first year.  I started planning and buying last January.

I've been promising my friends and family a really big show all year.

I'm excited.  9 days until curtains up!

First year for me, just finished putting the lights up today. Tomorrow I've gotta finish running the LOR network wiring and the DMX wiring. Hopefully by the end of the day I'll be testing my setup for the first time.

Very excited, but also hugely nervous, I'm having about 30 people over next friday for the lighting of the house party so I've got about a week to get any bugs that may creep up worked out.

Weather here has not been pleasant as years past.  I still have to get my ball tree out of storage, test and install.  Couldn't do it last weekend because of high winds.  Can't wait to start on next years display!

Excited and nervous!!! This is my first year too. I've been doing static displays for many years and ended up in Tennessee at the Christmas Expo this year. I promptly came home and ordered 3 controllers and started gathering "stuff". Then, I got this brainy idea that if it's good for my home, it's even better for an assisted living community I own. I ended up ordering 3 more controllers and more "stuff".  I'm in the middle of doing 2 sites and with everyone's expectations growing by the day, I'm feeling the PRESSURE BIG TIME! Wish me luck... I'm going to need it!

BTW... where do I get one of those cool LOR signatures with the number of channels and lights?

My setup is finally finished, having a few problems with audio cutting out, but going to figure this out.

Excited as my area has no one else that is doing this, live in the country in a small developement and if it hadn't been for 1 house that outdid me last year, I wouldn't have gotten into this hobby. :)

Excited and nervous!!! This is my first year too. I've been doing static displays for many years and ended up in Tennessee at the Christmas Expo this year. I promptly came home and ordered 3 controllers and started gathering "stuff". Then, I got this brainy idea that if it's good for my home, it's even better for an assisted living community I own. I ended up ordering 3 more controllers and more "stuff".  I'm in the middle of doing 2 sites and with everyone's expectations growing by the day, I'm feeling the PRESSURE BIG TIME! Wish me luck... I'm going to need it!

BTW... where do I get one of those cool LOR signatures with the number of channels and lights?

That's pretty ambitious setting up two displays with LOR in year one. I'm pretty organized and have this entire week off and I'm still feeling under the gun I can only imagine how you must feel.

That all being said, when it's up and running I think it will be worth all the stress.

Good Luck!

I'm done too and happy that I started right after Halloween as this whole next week here, is full of weather issues with rain and possible sleet coming. Not forgetting the temp fell a lot so its going to be rather "cchhiillllllllllllyyyy" out there!

I have this 3 day weekend (Monday is my RDO) for setup. Most of my display is my year round landscape lighting so it's already up. Just have to put up the pixel tree and star and a couple other little things so I expect to be standing in the front yard with my two boys wondering what else we can do sometime Sunday. I converted most of my landscaping white light rope to RGB during the year and I still need to make the sequencing updates for that.

Unlike some of you, no weather problems this weekend. It's raining lightly as I type this but that will end later today and the weekend is supposed to be nice (T-shirt weather by Monday).

Also having a group of friends over for the lights on event on the 29th.

Been doing this since 2006 and still get excited each year. Probably because I add new things but also this is our second year in this location.

Still being fairly new to the area, my neighbors (slowly creeping by in their cars daily now) didn't see it coming last year. Now they know, but they don't, because I'm adding new stuff.

Not sure who is more excited. Me or the neighbors. :)

And after planning stuff all year long, we can't help but be excited to see how our new projects/add-ons turn out. B)

I am exited and nervous all rolled up in one been talking a bought doing this for a couple of years now and this is the year jumped in with 3 controllers. there is lots of anticipation from family and friends to add to the pressure now to get it all finished and tested

I was testing some elements last night  and all I hear is the neighbors kid yelling "Hey mom, come look!!"  So I gave them a sneek peek and played one song for her.

She was so excited! :)

98% completed and heading to Madison Florida tomorrow to finish the install and start testing on Monday night. This is my 7th year with a show and 1st year with RGB's added to it. 28 LOR boxes and around 5000 channels of RGB. Hope the new RGB can hang with LOR.. LOL

Jeff