Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR sequence folder and audio folder

crretired

I have been struggling with software and not getting anywhere. is there anyone out there that can help me learn how to navigate the software. I can not get purchased audio file to LOR audio file. I can not get purchased premade sequence to LOR sequence folder. I have the purchased files in my downloads folder but can seem to get them to LOR.

thank you

You should be able to copy and paste them without issue.   If you have extracted the sequence file {.lms} and the audio file {MP3}, you just copy the sequence file, the .lms extension into YOUR working LOR directory where you have the software save and load your sequences, after you're in YOUR sequences directory, PASTE the ,lms file there.   

You do the same with the audio {MP3} file, except you copy, then PASTE it into YOUR audio directory where the LOR software finds the audio you use when you create your sequences. 

BOTH the ,lms file and the .MP3 CAN be in Subfolders under YOUR LOR Sequence and Audio folders, for example under the Sequence folder you can have "Purchased Sequences" and place the bought sequence there, under YOUR Audio folder, you could have "Purchased MP3", and place the purchased audio MP3 file there. 

These are just examples and can be any name you wish to give them, like for example if you purchased from WOW, the folder could be "Purchased WOW Sequences" or "Purchased WOW Audio" to denote where you bought them from.  From others each subfolder could change to that company, WOW in the above could be Exchanged for LOR, XMASLIGHTSOrlando, George'sSequences, etc.

I have numerous subfolders under my Sequences and Audio files to try and keep track of who I get sequences from, where my audio files come from and even what rate they are, if they are VBR, since I would have to convert those to CBR, that way I don;t get them mixed up with each other and end up plugging in a VBR {Variable Bit Rate} file, when the SE uses CBR {Constant Bit Rate} files.  I have subfolders for "Custom Edits" I create from the original MP3 audio files for songs that need to be edited to make shorter or remove parts that are inappropriate for young ears {not family friendly} audio.

Hope this helps you understand how to do it, and where you can place your files approprately for your own use.

You should be able to copy and paste them without issue.   If you have extracted the sequence file {.lms} and the audio file {MP3}, you just copy the sequence file, the .lms extension into YOUR working LOR directory where you have the software save and load your sequences, after you're in YOUR sequences directory, PASTE the ,lms file there.   

You do the same with the audio {MP3} file, except you copy, then PASTE it into YOUR audio directory where the LOR software finds the audio you use when you create your sequences. 

BOTH the ,lms file and the .MP3 CAN be in Subfolders under YOUR LOR Sequence and Audio folders, for example under the Sequence folder you can have "Purchased Sequences" and place the bought sequence there, under YOUR Audio folder, you could have "Purchased MP3", and place the purchased audio MP3 file there. 

These are just examples and can be any name you wish to give them, like for example if you purchased from WOW, the folder could be "Purchased WOW Sequences" or "Purchased WOW Audio" to denote where you bought them from.  From others each subfolder could change to that company, WOW in the above could be Exchanged for LOR, XMASLIGHTSOrlando, George'sSequences, etc.

I have numerous subfolders under my Sequences and Audio files to try and keep track of who I get sequences from, where my audio files come from and even what rate they are, if they are VBR, since I would have to convert those to CBR, that way I don;t get them mixed up with each other and end up plugging in a VBR {Variable Bit Rate} file, when the SE uses CBR {Constant Bit Rate} files.  I have subfolders for "Custom Edits" I create from the original MP3 audio files for songs that need to be edited to make shorter or remove parts that are inappropriate for young ears {not family friendly} audio.

Hope this helps you understand how to do it, and where you can place your files approprately for your own use.

THANK YOU !!!!