Light-O-Rama Forums

Attaching lights to tree top

BlackwolfK9

How does everyone attach their lights to the top of their mega trees.  I built a bun foot with large cup hooks.  But seem i need to do something other than just hang the light strings on the hooks.  Is this too much stress on the wires?

No problem then.  I've been as high as 23'.  They sometimes sag a bit, but the wires will be just fine.  However, if they are new lights, they will stretch a bit over the first week or so.

I'm using "1 black pipe as the main support tube with screw on collars at the top and bottom. At the top, guide wires from the metal screw on collar then hanging directly under that, I've attached a "4 PVC shower drain with the screen removed. Around that PVC, I drilled 32 evenly spaced holes which I then glued in, small S-Hooks. I hang the individual strings from the S-Hooks. In my case, I'm spiraling around the tree, so there's support wires for the tree shape to the base as well as 4 guide wires for the pole support. The strings get laid around the support-base wires, 16 one directionn and 16 the opposite. The main pole is attached via the collar to a wood base, which is set over a "1/2 pvc pipe into the ground, which keeps if from moving out. The main guide wires hold it up. Also, the support wires for the strings, are attached to the base ring, which is also staked to the ground. Sounds like a lot but its not and so far, no problems with it and it allows for complete disassembly at the end of the season.