Light-O-Rama Forums

I need some help cutting and pasting in sequences

heathlightshow

I have had a very nice member trying to help but I am not getting it and I know he is busy. 

I have 48 channels. I have a sequence that is not made for that. I would like to simply copy the part from 1-16 or 17-32 and paste it into the 33-48 section.

Any help on this?

Thank you 

In the sequence editor - you can select and copy a range. I think it is is the click on the mousebutton (windows) and drag to the end of range to select it. Then use Ctl-C to copy - move to the start of where you want to paste and use Ctl-V to paste it in.

I use this to create a pattern on one element in the sequence and move it to other elements of the same sequence.

Hope this helps.

I'm a new user this year and I've found the video tutorials on the lightorama site quite helpful. There are a couple of videos regarding cutting/copying/pasting. I'm much more of a visual person so seeing someone actually perform the actions sinks in a bit more for me.

I'm a new user this year and I've found the video tutorials on the lightorama site quite helpful. There are a couple of videos regarding cutting/copying/pasting. I'm much more of a visual person so seeing someone actually perform the actions sinks in a bit more for me.

Yep. Watch those videos. The paste from foreground is awesome.

If you're trying to copy a channel from beginning to end I right click and select row, then Copy and Paste. You can also select multiple rows. I have found this method very helpful.