Light-O-Rama Forums

setting up schedule/simple show builder

dsz071

Ok, here's my dilemma. I do all my sequencing on one PC, planning on running the show from another that's closer to the controllers.problem is when I installed LOR on the show running PC instead of just going with the normal folders I created a folder on the desktop where I figured it would be easiest to transfer files. So that right there screws me from bring able to use the simple show builder. So now I go into the show editor and create my show there, save it just fine. Only problem is when I go into the schedule editor it won't allow me save anything. Do I have a couple of questions.

1) Is there a way I can go into the preferences and change the default folder for LOR to find all my files? I'm pretty certain there is but for the life of me I cannot find it.

1a) If I do this should i be able to use the simple show editor. I moved all of the sequences back to the appropriate folders... I think.

2) If 1a doesn't work, why in the world won't the schedule editor allow me to save anything? I can run a show on demand just fine.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated. Opening night is 9 days away and I'm starting to freak out a bit about this.

You can save your LOR files/folders anywhere you want. I have mine on my desktop.

If you built the show on your "sequence" PC, you will have to recreate it on the "show" PC so it knows where to look.

Sounds like the schedule editor is not routed (told where to go) to the "new" desktop files/sequence/show.

Because you have to tell it where to look. It's like a file extension. You move that file, it still looks in the old location.

Have you tried the regular Show Editor? I just noticed the Simple Show Builder isn't so simple (which I've never used) if the files aren't in a certain place, I guess.

Hum,

Just to build a test show, I just went into Show Editor, put a sequence in there and Show Scheduler to schedule it.

So you went to "Show Editor" then "Show Scheduler"? And not the Simple thingy?

The SSB will only see sequence files that are in your LOR/SEQUENCES directory.

I agree that the Show Editor is far more flexible, but I think you still have to put the sequences and audio files in those places to have the show run properly.

• Like 1

I've tried both ways. On the simple show builder none of my sequences show on the left side. So then I went and wad able to create a show in the show editor just fine. Problem is when I went to create a schedule to run my show it won't allow me to save the schedule. I'm at a loss...

The SSB will only see sequence files that are in your LOR/SEQUENCES directory.

I agree that the Show Editor is far more flexible, but I think you still have to put the sequences and audio files in those places to have the show run properly.

George,

In the past, I've had my sequence and audio files on my desktop. I then go to Show Editor, pic out those sequences from the desktop folder. Then I schedule it. Been doin it that way for years.

I've tried both ways. On the simple show builder none of my sequences show on the left side. So then I went and wad able to create a show in the show editor just fine. Problem is when I went to create a schedule to run my show it won't allow me to save the schedule. I'm at a loss...

Yep, something aint right. I just scheduled AND saved a show from a sequence on my desktop.

I have all of my sequences in the LOR/sequences folder. I moved them back there after I originally created a folder on the desktop. Is there a way I can tell the SSB to look in a different place? I've even tried uninstalling/ re installing LOR. Same thing happened.

In the schedule editor - I had to first delete each and every show from last year. It woudl be nice to be able to do a mark/change/delete a group of entries. I also found I could edit an individual entry, but could not edit a group. I had the same show running at 7pm every night of the week and wanted to make a change. I had to edit 7 individual entries, rather than mark 7 and edit once.

Just to speculate how this might work - Having a calender entry with Sun-Sat check blocks allows the event to be created. Just need the same in edit mode.

Otherwise, I like the calender/show tool, it worked find last year.

Let me ask. Can you play every sequence from the "show computer"? If it won't play (because you moved it and directories are different), it may be the cause of the show scheduler wont save.

• Like 1

So here's another question.... The PC I used to sequence everything will let me use the SSB with no problem. Only thing is that is the more frequently used PC. Will it effect anything if I'm screwing around on the net while the show is running if I use the original sequencing PC?

In the schedule editor - I had to first delete each and every show from last year.

Not saying your didn't. but I've used past year shows and just edited the new songs. Never had to delete them.

So here's another question.... The PC I used to sequence everything will let me use the SSB with no problem. Only thing is that is the more frequently used PC. Will it effect anything if I'm screwing around on the net while the show is running if I use the original sequencing PC?

It could. And sound would be coming it as well.

I can play any sequence through the sequence editor just fine. Can play my show on demand through the control panel just fine. Just can't save a schedule or find any files using the SSB.