Light-O-Rama Forums

Exporting to Sequence Editor crashing Superstar

stonemik

I've got a killer sequence ready to be imported into an LAS - the SUP file opens and saves and looks fine (at least from what I can see) When I try and export to LAS, superstar crashes and burns.  Any suggestions? (I've checked for negative values and there aren't any.  Any help is appreciated

THANKS!

If you are not using v3.10.14 download it and it should fix the bug.

To download the latest version, go to the lightorama main page, click on Support, then click on S3 download, then click on the "Download Now" button.

WOW just released the other day.... I managed to get it to export by changing the audio file to a longer one - it worked OK but sequences are off when cut and pasted into the LOR sequencer.  Other sequences worked perfectly.... I did the upgrade - same thing - says superstar file has stopped working.  However, If I change the audio file to a longer one it's fine

what I did was load the original SUP file.  Then I opened a different audio file one that's MUCH longer than the original MP3.  it was then able to export it...However I never got the popup "Progress" box ... it took a very long time to export - file was very small but it did export - and i was able to import it into LOR.  Original song length was 1:42...CCR effects ended at 1:40 last two seconds CCR's are dark (so all effects/commands were completed before the end of the tune).  The song I uploaded over the original was  3:02 in length....it seemed to work, but like I said, i never got a popup Progress indicator box.

Are you saying that you got it to export with an longer audio file using your older version of the software? Interestingly, it does make sense that would work. The nature of the bug is that it allocates memory for the export based on the number of ribbons and the length of the audio file. The crash happened when it ran out of memory. So using the longer audio file causes it to allocate more memory. I'm not sure why the progress dialog box never appears.

Downloading the new code should fix the problem as well.