Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II ? will it be out soon or not?

imfsimm

I apologize if the first post I submitted was read negatively. I personally don't read feelings into any post because it is just text. So much of language is the inflection of how it’s said which forum posts do lack. My first post was joking type of response just as many have also done in this post earlier. The software will be done when it’s done.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Fischer

• Robin

• marksanctuary

• johnny christmas

Jeff or any other Beta Tester,

Is the track feature like layers in photoshop? I have always wanted to program a chase on top of a chase and the cut and paste in LOR I makes it impossible. I assume a track is like a layer and that they can be stacked??????

Charles

Jeff Millard wrote:

Charles Belcher wrote:
Jeff or any other Beta Tester,

Is the track feature like layers in photoshop? I have always wanted to program a chase on top of a chase and the cut and paste in LOR I makes it impossible. I assume a track is like a layer and that they can be stacked??????

Charles

That's a good analogy. Pretty close to a bullseye actually.

Jeff

PS Let's all drop this issue and get on with the real reason we're here. Christmas displays. No harm no foul, just please take what I say sbout the "Please don't fear the upgrade" thing. You'll be glad you did. I won't be discussing this or any other topic about LOR II after I hit the send button for this post.

I hope it's ok to follow up by saying if there's a layer-like feature in LOR II I'll be totally estactic! Wow!

-Tim

Tim/Jeff

OH YEA!. That feature alone will save sooooooooooo much time and add depth to the mix.

As it is now with LOR I, if I want to have a sweep on top of the beat or whatever, I have to identify the areas of the sweep, write down each element and the time of their intended position in the sweep, go to the sequence and insert them one at a time so as to not move or erase the existing elements.

PS: Hello to Tim.

Charles

Don't sweat it. I have a very dry sense of humor which gets met into soooo much trouble in email. Anyone interpreting emotion from written form, like a posting, (negative or not) is just asking for trouble. I think we can all agree that the day LOR II is made available there are going to be alot of people not getting any sleep or calling in sick the next day. But until it is released I fear you beta people may need to put up with our curmudgeonly vents, because its a product we all desperately want.

So.... when is LOR II coming out, because its almost too late for me. (see what I mean, that last part was a joke)

Is all the anxiety about the release date for LOR2 due to the fact that is will be a free upgrade? If it were a $99 upgrade, as many major version updates often are, would there be as much hand-wringing about when it will be available? I am as guilty as the next guy about wanting the new features, especially after the teaser info that has come out since PLUS, but can sympathize with Dan here.

I do gratis work for a local school website. People get jumpy with me once in a while because something does not work, or they have some new idea they would like to see implemented, and it does not happen on their timetable. Sometimes I would like to remind them that if they were paying for the work, then their timetable would be relevant. As long as they are getting it for free, then they will have to live with my timetable.

Just my $.02.

Robin wrote:

DavBro,
I think you hit the old nail on the head with that one. Maybe future updates should cost a few bucks. Lord no all the time they put into them they should get a little something.

I agree 100%. As much as I love getting something for free, as a software guy, I have some idea of what goes into a product like this, and that sure ain't free!

I work for a company that puts out a paid upgrade every year, so that's the model I'm used to...

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Robin wrote:
DavBro,
I think you hit the old nail on the head with that one. Maybe future updates should cost a few bucks. Lord no all the time they put into them they should get a little something.

I agree 100%. As much as I love getting something for free, as a software guy, I have some idea of what goes into a product like this, and that sure ain't free!

I work for a company that puts out a paid upgrade every year, so that's the model I'm used to...

-Tim

I know this is not the case with LOR, but as long as an upgrade is worth it, I'll pay. I get alittle teed-off when software vendors put out "upgrades" that they charge for and it's crap.

i think theyre taking their time with is cuz they want as LITTLE problems as possible once its released...dealing with all the phone calls, emails and posts about problems during a busy season in the first place would just double even tripple their workload

Ray,

I believe Dan that Holiday Soft is going to offer an upgrade and incorporate LOR II. I think he mentioned this shortly after the Plus. I went to the Holiday Soft website at that time and they also stated there would be an upgrade to their software, I believe for $29. Their site also stated it would be released in November. However, I revisited their site yesterday and there is no mention. Perhaps it is because LOR II is being released later than they anticipated.

Dan Maslyk wrote:

Don't sweat it. I have a very dry sense of humor which gets met into soooo much trouble in email. Anyone interpreting emotion from written form, like a posting, (negative or not) is just asking for trouble. I think we can all agree that the day LOR II is made available there are going to be alot of people not getting any sleep or calling in sick the next day. But until it is released I fear you beta people may need to put up with our curmudgeonly vents, because its a product we all desperately want.

So.... when is LOR II coming out, because its almost too late for me. (see what I mean, that last part was a joke)

Dan...even in person, my dry sense of humor doesn't come thru too well. But that's why Al Gore invented emoticons... And if there isn't an emoticon that suits your purpose, most people use colons before and after their thought. For example:

So.... when is LOR II coming out, because its almost too late for me. :D

Or... So.... when is LOR II coming out, because its almost too late for me. :holding family hostage with meat grinder: (OK, maybe that one was a little strong! :cool:)

Jeff Millard wrote:

jeffandnicole wrote:
But that's why Al Gore invented emoticons...

...was that before, or after he invented the Internet? I keep forgetting these timelines, and that's an important thing to know...:cool:

Jeff

It was after he invented the internet, but before he invented Google and YouTube. :cool:

-Tim

Guest wbottomley

Tim Fischer wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
jeffandnicole wrote:
But that's why Al Gore invented emoticons...

...was that before, or after he invented the Internet? I keep forgetting these timelines, and that's an important thing to know...:cool:

Jeff

It was after he invented the internet, but before he invented Google and YouTube. :cool:

-Tim

and before global warming too.

Hmmm, perhaps all those computers burning all that fossil fuel-generated energy to surf the Gore-invented internet causes global warming? Coincidence? Concpiracy??? :dude:

-Tim

Guest wbottomley

Tim Fischer wrote:

Hmmm, perhaps all those computers burning all that fossil fuel-generated energy to surf the Gore-invented internet causes global warming? Coincidence? Concpiracy??? :dude:

-Tim

Tim... you're on to something here. I think we need to put together a panel to investigate.