Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP! DC-MP3 Director Card Sometimes doesn't start playing when timers turn on power to controllers

jeffostroff

I've been having this issue since I bought my MP3 Director card last year.

Once in a while when 5:30 PM rolls around and my breaker timers turn on all my exterior outlets, sometimes the MP3 Controller will not start playing. I can see LEDs on, so it does have power, the show just did not tart playing. Sometimes I can jumpstart it by simply sliding out the SD card and slide it back in and it starts right up. Again, this only hapopens once every 10 or so power up cycles.

The card is a Q Memory 60x Express 128 MB SD Card. I also use a LAxar SD card, but I can't remember if the problem has ever occurred with that card. I just remember last night it happened with the Q card in place.

Anyone else seen this issue?

I don't have an MP3 Controller, but as I recall reading last year when it first came out, Dan said to use only a brand of card that they LOR had certified as working in the MP3. I believe there was a thread on PC that may have listed the brands. If you are using a card that did not come with your controller, maybe it is one of the ones that won't work properly with it.

Jeff,

Have you updated the firmware on your DC-MP3 to the latest version? There was not any specific firmware change to cover your issue but the LEDs may provide more information as to the state of the card.

We did have a few failures of that particular "Q" card and are going strictly with Lexar now. Because it is happening so in frequently it may be hard to debug. Send an email to support@lightorama.com and they will send you a new Lexar SD card. If that does not solve the problem then your DC-MP3 sould be replaced.

Dan

I'll try using just the Lexar from now on and see if it happens again. I know I put the latest firmware in last xmas whem it came out. I am aware of the list they published last year and always made sure to use SD cards from their approved list. Q Card was one that they sent me if memory serves me correct.