Light-O-Rama Forums

Ready to go!

PKingRoch

We've been really productive this year, the display is up, video shot and we're ready to go.  23 songs total this year.  Link to video album is here https://vimeo.com/album/2603453

We expect to start the display this weekend.  When do you all figure you will start your displays?

Thanks!
Paul

Damm!  You're making us look bad! :P  Awesome work!  I like you're short humor bits.  Saved your page to my favorites, I like some of your ideas to study later.

• Like 1

Last year, I used my Nikon D5000 but the video quality didn't come anywhere close to what you have. Secrets there on how to get it to work better?

Last year, I used my Nikon D5000 but the video quality didn't come anywhere close to what you have. Secrets there on how to get it to work better?

Here are the settings I used:

Size 1920 x 1080

Movie Quality 30fps, High Quality

Lens VR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G

White Balance Cool-white fluorescent, 0, 0

Color Space sRGB

There aren't really many other settings to hit for this camera, unless I'm missing something.  I set it up on a tripod and went to town.

Same lens here...video will only go to 1280/720 and it won't let me change FPS. Color Space is the same sRGB but it won't let me alter the White Balance in this mode. Video quality is set to fine. Oh well, will try again this year and see what I get. These are the same settings used last year. Maybe its just a generation of camera differences. Thanks

That could be part of it.  My daughter has a 5100 and it didn't do as nice of a job.  I also have Active D-Lighting off. 

Same lens here...video will only go to 1280/720 and it won't let me change FPS. Color Space is the same sRGB but it won't let me alter the White Balance in this mode. Video quality is set to fine. Oh well, will try again this year and see what I get. These are the same settings used last year. Maybe its just a generation of camera differences. Thanks

I have a first generation Canon DSLR that does HD video.  On mine, I can't change settings while in video mode.  If I switch into Manual camera mode I can make changes that will effect the video mode.  My camera shoots 15fps at full HD, :(   I'll have to see if I can use some of the settings that PKingRoch mentions.

• The topic was locked