Light-O-Rama Forums

bad triac

719matt3796

So I bought controllers this summer just doing first test and I have a channel stuck on. Sent

Light o rama help desk a ticket. Does any one know what happens from here. Thanks

My experience with the help desk has been excellent. I would expect you will hear from them very soon, if you have not already. I was recently sent a replacement board after working with them to figure out why mine was not working. Turns out it was my error - I had bad homemade dongles! Since I now had 2 good controllers, I simply paid them for the replacement they sent me. (Great way to add to your system without upsetting the bride)

The help desk has been excellent for my needs. I rarely need to go to LOR for trouble with the controllers. I just replaced a shorted Triac. LOR sent me the parts I needed with in several days. I replaced the bad part and was back up and running. If you do not feel comfortable repairing your own units, then LOR can do it, my guess is they will send you an RMA number to return the unit then you pack it up and send it to the address they wish you to send it back to. This is their peak busy season , so I could not say how long it would take to get this repaired. If you do build electronic stuff and you want to tackle this they can send you the parts which will be quicker.

Marty

44,000 lights

184 channels