Light-O-Rama Forums

1st Commercial setup at this scale... Test run last night

ToddH

Well I know I have been non active on here for a bit. Mostly due to the RL crap I told a bunch of you about but then topping it off taking on this project. Beyond overwhelming and stressed out...been working on the sequences for this since I posted it pretty much...well last night was the 1st test run...the CEO, CIO and other directors were outside to watch it...needless to say I was beyond nervous....but I think it came out great! They all loved it. It took me a little over a week to set up everything, and that was with the help of 2 others. One was on a lift hanging the lights for the windows, another on the ground wrapping the pillars, all of us wrapped the trees and I was on the roof making over 9000 feet of extension cords...This video shows only 2 sides, but there is a 3rd side also, not only that but a carport area that I did also...omg I can breath now! Well here is the video of last nights test...comments are always appreciated and actually I would like to know what you all think...esp. being that this is my 1st commercial job at this scale... over 60,000 lights. 

http://youtu.be/RzZfqilaEQQ

Nice job.

I sequenced the original Music Box Dancer using a 32 channel (45 foot long) piano. Interested?

Nice job.

I sequenced the original Music Box Dancer using a 32 channel (45 foot long) piano. Interested?

wait...what? for real? YES show me! What cha got?

Nice Job Todd. Its all about having Fun!!!!

Jeff

ohhhh there really was no fun in setting this up!! Once being told that if tanks, thats my job!? wait...what??? yup...

Nice job! Any project is good thats outside your normale set up. you can learn from the project and expand to new id2als. grait job

I love any project with scale to it, commercial or personal, and you have done an awesome job here.  Would like to see more at some point.

Looks Great! Seeing all of the creative energy and skill that the members here showcase with their displays continues to inspire me. I am just a newbie coming up to speed, but hope one day to be in the same league with you guys.

Congratulations on a job well done Todd.

-Paul

wait...what? for real? YES show me! What cha got?

ohhhh there really was no fun in setting this up!! Once being told that if tanks, thats my job!? wait...what??? yup...

PM me your e-mail address for my version of The Music Box Dancer.

Thanks all for the kind comments. Still not out of the rough yet. The display is set to go off starting Friday at 6pm and I will have to remote into the machine to make sure it kicks off...I hope I do not have to come into the office this weekend! :)

But....the event is going to be HUGE! They dropped well over 40k just in marketing this alone...And the event is a great thing the owner is doing for sure, I am curious to see how many inquiry's come in about how the lights were done, and possible doors opening for doing work for others...No idea what to expect here...but I will post more videos once I get some more. Here is the Public Announcement of the event..and If you are local...all the radio stations and websites will be announcing it as well...(cox and clear channel, FOX, ABC)  gulp!!

I don't think there has gone a day that I didn't change something in the seq because it looked off, or something...  http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11351491.htm

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving all!!

Oh, and the owner was talking to me yesterday about next year...he wants me to build him two 30 foot mega trees!! and add another 60,000 lights! Oh and he mentioned that he wants to go MOBILE!! as in a float!! WTF did I get myself into!!