Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Light sequence question

KevinHittle

Good afternoon everyone!

This will be my first year running RGB lights (300 GECE) using a E682 controller. I already have LOR Advanced suite, but I have a sequencing question. I have seen softwares that make RGB trees much easier to sequence (SuperStar..etc..).

Is ther anything like that which would make programming my house (ROOF/WINDOWS/GARAGE/ETC) easier...like doing wipes of colors left to right...fades...etc...from a visualization view...etc..

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Superstar does wipes...or morphs as it is called in superstar...either per string or by using vis effects which uses your imported visualization file.

There is a disadvantage in that you can not morph on top of a color...like green on a red background. That takes a little creativity to accomplish by putting the morph and static color in just the right location on the timing line to make it look like it does.

Superstar is in your S3 suite and is free to try you just won't be able to export the completed file. But you can at least give it a try for free.

This year I sequenced over 1500 RGB of some sort, whether smart or dumb RGB. I also sequenced a 64 channel Mega tree with Superstar. Everything in my show was Don in SS with a touch of Nutcracker. Once you get through the learning curve, it's one of the easiest ways to sequence. It also has an instant sequence function, but it takes some time to set up to get the look you want. There are things I can do in SS, that I can't accomplish in any other software I've tried. There are a few effects I can't get in SS, thus the use of Nutcracker.