I have built a 14 row by 50 column array with LOR CCP's and used SuperStar to do its basic animation.  I asked LOR through a Help Desk question, if they knew of any way, software or hardware interface, display a video sequence on the array.  They recommended that I go to the forum.  I found several discussion on projecting a video file to a projector and synchronizing with a show but nothing about this topic.  Does anyone know of anything that could move me in this direction of will I have to go to another vendor for the video wall?

sean played a video on his rgp setup at a conference in texas a few months back using the nutcracker software that he created.  looked pretty good. check the posts about nutcracker and posts my smeighan or contact him directly to see if/how.

There was someone who did something very simular to what you are asking last year and at the moment i can't think of who. but you may also like to check out PlanetChristmas.com or AusiChristmaslighting.com i saw it on one of the three and it was quite impressive. 

I have built a 14 row by 50 column array with LOR CCP's and used SuperStar to do its basic animation.

SS, to do effective video, your matrix will need a few more rows. A resolution of 50x14 is not optimum. A 4x3 ratio is better, so 50x37 is closer. (Mo' money, Mo' money)

I have an existing 40x24 matrix and it should still be 6 rows taller. I've tried video using Nutcracker and it is OK but still isn't quite right.

Still working on my 72x54 matrix. It should be much better. 8ft by 6ft if I ever finish it.

Nutcracker can do video but is also very easy for moving pictures across a matrix. You do have resize the graphic yourself, though.

sean played a video on his rgp setup at a conference in texas a few months back using the nutcracker software that he created.  looked pretty good. check the posts about nutcracker and posts my smeighan or contact him directly to see if/how.

That was my matrix at The Academy and Sean used it as a display during his presentation. At that time, it was 120x32. Too wide. Too short. Rebuilding to 72x54. A lot of cuts and soldering left to go.

Jon

the nutcracker software can project movies onto matrix or megatree displays.

you can use mp4,mov,avi.mvi and otehr movie file types/. You use the picture effect and and adjust the playback speed. After you get it the way you want it export the movie as either a lms or a lcb file and bring it back into lor.

here is a video tutorial of how to prepare your movies for projection

https://vimeo.com/71582417

thanks

sean