Light-O-Rama Forums

For Sale

georgejpl

Hello Every one,

Newbie here !  

Just wanted to see if any one has any chasing arches for sale. Ready to go plug and play. Its my first year doing so and Im really behind schedule. Need some arches and also mini trees. Again both needs to be plug and play ready. 

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

George

both the items your looking for are simple to make don't cost much to build and would cost you way more to ship then would be worth it. run to the hardware store pick up some clearance tomato cages and wrap lights around them Mini trees done investment $5 shipping close to $20. you will be better to build them both and wouldn't be hard as for the arches i would suggest the sleeve method. theese can be wraped watching TV.

agreed.. most expensive pieces are the lights..i think i spent less than $25 on pvc, sleeves and other pieces for the arch.. lights, well lots of leds so lots of money.. but if you just use incans you can save a lot

If time is more important than dollars, try wowlights.com

ouch @ $380 for an 8ft arch plus shipping.  at $250 id still be making one heck of a profit

Has any one ever made arches with RBG strips? is it possible to do so?

you probably wouldnt want to string them the same as most of us would go broke wrapping that many pixels around an arch.. or wrapping them may break them.

people that i have seen do it use what i think is called PEX.  its very similar to pvc (at least to me) but the transparency allows you to see the rgb strip lights inside of them. 

I use CCRs for my aches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH7e9tKkPgY

After doing the math I  found it was cheaper to use CCRs.

Controller $200 plus 16 sets of lights (160) = 360 for one colour add $160 for each colour ...

CCRs about $220 for a billion colours...

• The topic was locked