Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone have a work around idea for project?

scubado

Hey guys wondering if there's a work around solution for an up coming project.  I'm wanting to do a simple three channel chase sequence that's self contained.  Two channels ON, the off channel chasing.  I was hoping I could use the three channel dmx controller, but you can't change the built in programs.

Is this a chase of LED's or pixels?  If it is string lights, an old "Motion Lights" controller would work.  Just solder up three plugs to it plug in your strings and you're good to go.  I buy every "Motion Light" set I can find at garage sales.  Don't see them made much anymore.

I believe if you find an electronics catalog or maybe go to Radio Shack you can get an on and off relay that will have two 12 V outputs that will switch between the two. Is that what you arer talking about? you may try search some of the Holloween prop Forums

Relays alone won't do the trick.  I know there are little electronic circuits that could be built, but they are geared for driving a single led or two per channel.  I need to run 20 leds per channel X3.  I'm wondering if there are any mini controllers that can do what I want in a standalone mode.

I found one sort of work around.  I reread the sequence options for the 3 channel dmx controller.  Use the rgb mode to trigger a relay to turn off that channel.  I missed earlier that you can adjust the speed as well.  If it had a CMY mode, it would be perfect.

Edited by scubado

• The topic was locked